Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Practice what you preach

Over a week ago, I nearly was hospitalized because I was very ill.  The symptoms that I was expressing were extremely scary to say the least.  The symptoms included numbness and tingling that covered my head and face and traveled down both my left and right arms.  The numbness and tingling continued all the way down both my legs.  In addition to the numbness and the tingling, I had a terrible stomachache, my body was tremoring and was engulfed in weakness.   I really thought I was going to die.  I could not move.  I could not help myself.

I called my husband, Mike, and told him that I was not well and that he needed to come and help me.  This was a call that he had never received before and I'm sure a call that really scared him.
He was able to quickly come up with a game plan at his work to be able to leave and come to be by my side.  I give thanks to his company for being understanding.  When he arrived, I was thankful that he was able to calm himself enough to be rational.  I am thankful that he trusts the body and God’s design.  He has a firm understanding of how the body has been created to heal.

In the state I was in, I could not rationally think.  I could not think at all.  I just knew I did not feel well!!  Mike reached out to chiropractors that he knew to adjust me, which I am thankful he did.  I did get adjusted this evening. 

The symptoms did not stop they continue to come and go pretty intensely throughout Tuesday and into Wednesday.  By the middle of the day, the symptoms became so intense that I really didn't know what to do.  My husband was on his way home from work again to help me.  He and I debated on whether I should go to urgent care.  Being I did not want anything that a medical doctor could offer me, I pleaded that he would take me to get adjusted again.  I knew that if I went to a medical doctor that they would order expensive tests and prescribe medications (which have side effects when taken). 

My husband loaded me up into the car and he took me to get adjusted again.  In our travels to one doctor of chiropractic, we decided that we would also visit another doctor of chiropractor’s office who does Applied Kinesiology.  Being that his schedule is usually packed for weeks to months out, we knew that we would at least be able to purchase some supplements that would allow for some healing naturally from within.  When we walked into this doctor’s office, God knew I needed his help.  The patient that was supposed to be there did not make his appointment.  It was mine.  I was extremely thankful. Upon evaluation he determined that I had a gallbladder infection.  I was given one homeopathic remedy for bacteria and three Standard Process supplements to aid in healing.  After these two appointments, Mike took me back home and I went right back to bed.  

I had never slept so much in my whole life as I did these four days.  Resting and healing.  By Thursday the numbness and tingling had decreased to only my forehead and face as well as my upper arms.  The other symptoms still persisted -   fever, stomachache, my insides were shaking and my whole body was weak.   

I returned this day to the doctor’s office to be evaluated further.  I received a chiropractic adjustment, of course, and was evaluated by the Applied Kinesiologist (Doctor of Chiropractic).  At this point, my blood sugar was low and another Standard Process supplement was given.  After the appointment, I returned to home to sleep another day away. 

By Friday evening I was able to keep my eyes open and sit motionless on the couch for about 3 hours.  The numbness and tingling were gone.  I was giving thanks for my body’s ability to heal.  I still knew that more healing was necessary and I continued to trust my body.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday came and went.  I continued to have the fever, stomachache shaking and weakness.   I was able to move around very slowly.  I received a chiropractic adjustment Saturday and Monday.  By Monday night, I believed that I was starting to feel human again or perhaps I was starting to feel alive again.  Actually I am not sure how to even state how I was feeling.  Perhaps I was starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Tuesday, I was about 75% better and the trust that my body would heal has become my reality.  I have never been this sick in my life!  In the past, if I was sick, I would get adjusted and then by the evening or next day I would have been better.  The longest time that I had been sick in the past was probably for two days.  This time I was sick for eight days.  I don’t know why it took so long for my body to heal, but it did.  I was able TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH! 

On Tuesday morning, I could actually think again.  I knew exactly what I would be recommending for my patients to be doing.  The following are the words that I would be saying   
The road to healing takes time.  Healing doesn't always happen as fast as we would like.   In our society, we have a quick fix mentality when it comes to health.  Be patient because your body can heal. God created our body to heal.  Just like when you cut your finger, it heals.  Our body is amazing.
I knew that the infection was still present in my body because I still had the fever.  My body was elevating the temperature to kill the bacteria.   I was given continued hope because the intensity of the symptoms was decreasing and I knew that I was continuing to heal.  I needed to still be patient and NOT rush back into a busy schedule.  I did not need to overdo it, potentially putting myself back into the situation I was in last week or worse.

This morning I awoke.  I was happy to say to my husband that “Pam was back”.  I am thankful for all prayers for healing.  I am thankful for the wonderful doctors that allow my body to heal naturally – Dr. Doug McLeod, Dr. Lanny Lipson, Dr. Keith Khalil, and Dr. Linda Galladay.  I appreciate each of you and your expertise.  I appreciate that you helped me to achieve my goal which was to allow my body to heal on its own with exactly the “tools” I approve of. 

When seeking a doctor, you have to go to the doctor that will use the “tools” you are okay with and give you a recommendation that you will follow to achieve your health goal.  I remember having this conversation during Spring Hill over Labor Day with friends of ours.  The little boy told me that I was not a “real doctor”.  My response was first to ask him what it meant to be a doctor and of course he did not have an answer.  I went on to have a conversation with those at our table about what it meant to be a doctor.  Doctor is just the level of education a person has.  I did attend college for enough years, passed my classes and earned my doctorate.  I was a real doctor just like Doctors of Philosophy (PhD), Doctors of Dental Science (D.D.S), Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.), Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.), etc.  We all went to school long enough to earn our doctorate and our specialty.  As a Doctor of Chiropractic our “tools” do not include prescriptions drugs and surgery.  Our tools are the chiropractic adjustment, supplements, homeopathy, and things that will enable the body to heal on its own without interference. 

Pam Tomaszycki, D.C. 




No comments:

Post a Comment