Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Who Created Your Beliefs?

Beliefs are like a pair of glasses.  We each view our life through our own glasses.  The way we see our life is by the beliefs that have fogged our glasses. 

Who creates each of our beliefs?  I believe it more than ever before, that our beliefs are created and established early on in life.  They are created by our parents, our caregivers, our teachers, and others that are around us growing up. 

Some examples of beliefs are listed below.
o   That health comes from a pill
o   That life is a downward spiral from birth to death
o   That there is a God
o   That anything is possible
o   That nothing really matters
o   Vote Republican or Democratic
Since it was not each us who created our own beliefs or the fog on our glasses; than at some point in our life, I think that it is safe to say, that we have to evaluate the fog on our glasses. 

I can think of a couple of times in my life that I have had to realize I had foggy glasses and needed some cleaner to clean away the fog.  The first time that I cleaned the fog was when I began working in a doctor of chiropractor’s office.  I saw people get better without drugs or surgery.  Another time that I was able to clean away another layer of fog from my glasses was when I realized that I was not the one in control of my life or others.  That my Creator was in control of my life.  A third time that this happened in my life was during a conversation with a family member.  I actually witnessed how our words as a parent can truly create who our children will become possibly detouring them for all that they were created to be.

I look back in my life and truly am blessed for all those people that were put in my life.  I also am thankful that I have had the opportunity to put some of my beliefs to the test.  I am thankful that I have been open to making change if those beliefs that were passed onto me as a child where not creating the results that I wanted in my life. 

We are each created for a purpose.  Don’t let the fog on your glasses stop you from your purpose!

Dr. Pam Tomaszycki, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment